McMillan & Lockwood Sustainability is about meeting the needs of today, without negatively impacting on the needs of tomorrow.
In a business sense, the key messages of Sustainability tie in with what are generally considered to be 'sound' business practices, such as building efficiency, minimising waste and maximising resources.
McMillan & Lockwood attitude to Sustainability will enable us to be a long-term company focused on creating a better future for New Zealand and the planet as a whole.
To support Sustainability, McMillan & Lockwood will:
Plan, Action, Review, Confirm, Evaluate, Learn (PARCEL)
- Plan – Using the ‘Three Pillars’ (Environmental/Social/Economical)
- Action – Train, Communicate, Quantify, Measure
- Review – Best practice, Benchmarking & The Three R’s (Reduce/Reuse/Recycle)
- Confirm – Take Ownership
- Evaluate – Lessons Learnt & did we Extend the Bridge Connecting Economics, Ecology and Ethics
- Learn - Implement Future Sustainable Built Environment Developments
McMillan & Lockwood Group Ltd will exercise these commitments by:
- Viewing all stakeholders positions not just shareholders Inspiring a new era of company economic growth – growth that is forceful and at the same time socially and environmentally sustainable.
- Seeking out collaborative clients, consultants, suppliers and the surrounding communities, supporting increased innovation, productivity measurement and leadership.
- Unifying our people on sustainability issues, support and train through a skills strategy enabling them to make great business decisions with a long-term view.
- Alignment and responsiveness to location, design, product selection, construction, waste/pollution & operating costs.
- Linking Sustainability & Built Environment policies as an integrated framework, looking at McMillan & Lockwood Group Ltd in a holistic way
McMillan & Lockwood Group Ltd will do our utmost to deliver a sustainable outcome every day as individuals and as a group challenging the industry to keep up.